HELPLINE: (443) 330-5341

National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Access Pass

Adapted from National Parks Service Website

Does your family enjoy hiking, fishing, and camping? Or maybe a drive through a National Park to look at the fall color is more your speed. Did you know that if you are traveling with an adult or child with a disability, you can obtain an Access Pass, which provides access to, and use of, any Federal recreation site that charges an Entrance or Standard Amenity Fee and provides a discount on some Expanded Amenity Fees.

The pass is for citizens or permanent residents of the United States, regardless of age, who have been medically determined to have a permanent disability. The Access Pass is free, and it is valid for the lifetime of the pass holder. Photo identification may be requested to verify pass ownership.

An Access Pass can be obtained in person from a participating Federal recreation site or office. The Access Pass is the replacement for the Golden Access Passport as of January 2007. If you already have a Golden Access Passports it is still valid for a lifetime and is equivalent to the new Access Pass.

What type of documentation do you need to present in order to get the Access Pass? Some examples of acceptable documentation include: statement by a licensed physician; document issued by Federal agency such as the Veteran’s Administration, Social Security Disability Income or Supplemental Security Income; or document issued by a State agency such as a vocational rehabilitation agency.

For more information go to Discover Your Northwest.

contact us today to get involved