HCAS Monthly Speaker Series - What Is Your Life Plan?
January 19, 2022 –
James Curran and Monty Knittle, Curran Knittle Group - Harbor Investment Advisory
Kelly Nelson, Maryland ABLE
Part 1 of a two-part series for parents and guardians to think through the process of planning for the day when they are no longer there to care for their loved one. We’ll walk you through the initial steps to plan and communicate your vision for your loved one’s future, as well as how to work through the practical considerations. Date TBA for Part 2 in late Spring 2022.
Topics to be covered:
- Letter of Intent: how to communicate your desires for your young person and include important details to share with future caregivers after your death
- Wills and Special Needs Trusts – Where to begin?
- Guardianship /Alternatives to Guardianship – What’s the difference?
- Maryland ABLE Account – What is it and how can it benefit your loved one?
- Other important but difficult topics
Contact Name : Howard County Autism Society
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org