Events in January 2021
- IEP Meeting Facilitation for Better Communication
IEP Meeting Facilitation for Better Communication
When the relationship between parents and school personnel becomes strained or better yet, before the relationship
has the opportunity to fray, parents and school personnel are finding that using independent facilitators can assist the
IEP team process. Presented by Kathy Glace and Brenda Gilligan, Cecil County Community Mediation Center.
Contact Name : Cecil County PRC
Contact Email : email@example.com
- PFA Event - Toilet Training Children and Adolescents with ASD: A Guide for Parents and Practitioners Part 2: Bowel Movement and Nighttime Toilet Training
PFA Event - Toilet Training Children and Adolescents with ASD: A Guide for Parents and Practitioners Part 2: Bowel Movement and Nighttime Toilet Training
Toilet training an individual diagnosed with ASD may be challenging, and often occurs at a later stage in life. This can be especially difficult when teaching bowel movement, wiping, and nighttime toileting skills. This training will focus on those skills to be targeted once your child has learned to remain dry during the day. Learning and generalizing these skills does not always occur automatically and may require explicit and systematic instruction. This training will define and breakdown those skills, to assist you in creating a practical plan that is tailored to the individual’s needs to successfully teach next steps for toilet training.
Contact Name : pathfinders
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.orgToilet Training Strategies
Toilet Training Strategies
Next Kinera Connect/Kinera Cares Parent & Caregiver Meeting:
Save-the-date for Parent/caregiver Meeting: Wednesday, January 13, 7pm, with special guest Katie Peternel, BCBA, QACPS. Topic: Toilet Training Strategies
Email Julie@kinera.org for secure meeting links and to be added to our mailing list.
Contact Name : Julie Valicello
Contact Email : Julie@kinera.org
- Medicaid Long Term Care Asset Protection Planning
Medicaid Long Term Care Asset Protection Planning
Join Elville and Associates’ Principal and senior elder law attorney Lindsay V.R. Moss as she offers this webinar presentation that will shed light on options for pre-crisis planning techniques and asset protection as well as crisis planning techniques and what assistance is available.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Pre-Crisis Planning and Asset Protection (utilizing Medicaid’s 5-year look back)
- Estate planning techniques for married couples vs. single individuals
- Trust-based plans – Medicaid Asset Protection Trust vs. Veterans Asset Protection Trust
- Preserving the equity in the home - Crisis Planning and Assistance o Asset purchase strategies – allowable expenditures
- Asset transfer strategies o Caregivers – payment for informal caregiving services
- Medicaid compliant annuities for the benefit of community spouses
- Promissory Notes
- Protecting Assets after qualifying for Medicaid Long Term Care
Contact Name : Jeff Stauffer
Contact Email : email@example.com
- Advocating for Your Student with Special Needs
Advocating for Your Student with Special Needs
In this live class for families navigating the complex world of special education, you'll learn how to take an active and effective role in managing your child's schooling. With a basic understanding of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act of 2004, along with tips on how to develop SMART IEPs, parents will be prepared for school meetings, the genteel art of disagreeing, and maintaining healthy working relationships with their student's school.
Contact Name : --
Contact Email : --