The week's events
- Navigating A New Autism Diagnosis: Part 1 : A New Diagnosis: Where Do I Begin?
Navigating A New Autism Diagnosis: Part 1 : A New Diagnosis: Where Do I Begin?
This is a three-part series designed for families, care providers and others seeking information on how to best navigate a new autism diagnosis. You will hear from parents, topic experts, self-advocates and members of the autism community who will share their personal experiences. During these challenging times, Autism Speaks is dedicated to ensuring you have access to reliable information, resources and support through the autism journey.
- Participants will benefit from expert speakers with a focus on a new diagnosis and evidence-based practices.
- Participants will access new resources and tools to help make decisions for their child.
- Participants will learn strategies and practical advice on the importance of advocating for their child.
Janet Williams, Director of Community Outreach, Autism Speaks
Contact Name : Janet Williams, Director of Community Outreach, Autism Speaks
Contact Email : janet.williams@AutismSpeaks.org
- Building Your Child's Team
Building Your Child's Team
Amy Wetherill of The Pediatric Development Center will share strategies for parents wanting to maximize the support they get for their child by building a collaborative team of professionals, inside and outside of schools, who can help ensure their child reaches their highest potential.
Contact Name : Cathy O\'Donnell
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org