Hagerstown Traffic Stop Practice Sessions for Drivers and Passengers
EVERYONE feels anxiety when they see that police car light up behind them and may worry about what will happen next.
View the 1-hour webinar and then practice being pulled over with Washington County Sheriff’s Deputies and Hagerstown Community College Campus Police. This program is offered to:
- Licensed drivers with a developmental disability
- Drivers with a learner’s permit with a developmental disability
- Drivers with a passenger with a developmental disability that might be anxious about traffic stops
Participants will receive:
• A printed copy of “PFA Tips: What to Do During a Traffic Stop”
• An envelope which can be used to hold the person’s registration card, insurance card, disclosure card, and a copy of the PFA Tips article with tips about autism for the officer on the back side
• A laminated card (with clips) to attach to the driver’s visor with the top five instructions of what the driver needs to remember to do during the traffic stop
• An Autism or Intellectual Disability disclosure card
Thursday, June 9, 2022 from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Practice session location: Hagerstown Community College, 11400 Robinwood Drive, Hagerstown, MD 21742
Free to attend. Reserve your Practice Session time slot here.
This event is in partnership with the Washington County Sheriff’s Office and Hagerstown Community College Campus Police.